MALDIVES COVID-19 UPDATES AS OF 03/09/2020
NEGATIVE PCR TEST RESULT FOR ALL TRAVELERS
- To minimize cross contacts at the airport, the Health Protection Agency (HPA) of Maldives has made the decision to allow travelers to submit their negative PCR test result to Maldives Immigration during their online Health Declaration Form submission.
- As of 8 September 2020, all tourists arriving to the Maldives are required to produce a compulsory NEGATIVE PCR test result for Covid-19.
- Sample for this test must be taken not more than 72 hours prior to departure to Maldives.
- Infants aged less than one year are exempted from this requirement.
GUESTHOUSE/HOTELS OPENING DATES
- West Sands Ukulhas is due to open on 1 November 2020.
- As of 2 September 2020, accommodations classified under guesthouses and hotels are due to open on 15 October 2020, with the exception of those properties in the Greater Male’ Area which includes the islands Male’ City, Hulhumale and Vilingili.
Before You Travel
- A Negative PCR Test result for Covid-19 in English is required for all travelers aged 1 and above.
- Fill and submit this online Health Declaration Form along with your Negative PCR test result for all travelers to Maldives Immigration within 24 hours prior to your departure to the Maldives.
- Kindly ensure that you are allowed to fly out of your residing country and be aware of the latest requirements and policies of international airlines and other stakeholders.
- Install Maldives’ contact tracing app “Trace Ekee” on your mobile during your stay in the Maldives. It is available for download on IOS and Android.
- Have a valid health/travel insurance coverage for the duration of your holiday period.
- It is recommended to carry a hard copy of your negative PCR test result throughout your journey.
- Refer to this FAQ for visiting the Maldives by Maldives Immigration for latest updates and requirements regarding your stay.
At West Sands Ukulhas
- Temperature checks will be carried out during check-in and check-out process.
- All guests are required to wear face masks in all public areas of the the hotel and island.
- It is not mandatory to wear face mask at the beach, however, it is highly recommended.
- Always maintain 1-meter distance from each other.
- The hotel will provide contact-less check-in and check-out for all guests.
SERVING FOOD AND BEVERAGE
To ensure the safety of all guests and staff:
- The buffet line will be limited to one family or room at a time
- An F&B staff will serve you from the buffet
- If you develop any Covid-19 symptoms, immediately isolate in your room and inform the focal point of hotel Covid-19 response team.
- A PCR Test for Covid-19 will be carried out by the Health Protection Agency (HPA).
- Guest must isolate until the result of this test is received.
- The hotel will regularly disinfect frequent touch points such as door handles, chairs, reception, etc.
- Hand sanitizers will be available for the convenience of guests in various areas of the hotel.
- Please wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
Ukulhas Health Facility
UKULHAS HEALTH CENTRE
- Flu Clinic
- 1 doctor
- Qualified nurses
- 1 ambulance
- Trained quick response team to handle Covid-19 cases
- Nearest hospital is located in AA. Rasdhoo island (20 minutes by speedboat)
Book an amazing and safe holiday for you and your family.
Get exclusive offers here!
Ministry of Tourism, Republic of Maldives
COVID-19 updates: https://www.tourism.gov.mv/latest-update-on-novel-coronavirus/
Official website: https://www.tourism.gov.mv
Maldives Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)